Thursday, September 23, 2010

Full Moon and Jupiter 5x7 acrylic




I saw this scene while I was taking the trash out this morning. I grabbed my sketchbook out of the truck and did a quick charcoal drawing to capture the morning sky.
I had to leave for work in 15 minutes but I wanted to get this down while it was still fresh in my mind. I used a limited pallette of alizarin crimson, Phalo green, cerulean blue and white.
For the darks of the trees I used aliz. crimson and Phalo green. The sky was the same mix except I added white to lighten the value. I added a touch of blue to the greyed sky color to give a hint of the morning sky. To keep Jupiter bright I dipped the tip of my pallette knife in white and just barely touched the canvas. I put the moon in and the clouds that are barely noticable.
I had enough time to pour my coffee and get on the racetrack they call us1 superhighway, I made it to work at 7:00.


No comments: