Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Plein-air Trip of the Year

I took my brother Chris and his two sons out today for the last plein-air trip of the year. We took a 15 minute drive to Neshaminy St. Park. We found a spot free of snow to stand in, but with a good view.
We wanted to try to capture the mood of a overcast winter day.  The spot we picked afforded us a range of values to work with. 
Father and son plein-air team. Both my paintboxes were being used so I was the  designated photographer for the day.






Here is Chris getting a start on his painting 

Eric with his completed painting and Chris putting the finishing touches on his.

1 comment:

Kim VanDerHoek said...

How cool that they go out to paint with you! My son is 6 and he's just now showing an interest in drawing and painting. I hope one day he'll want to paint plein air by my side.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog!