Wednesday, April 10, 2013



  On Charge 10x10 oil

The last things I do before going to bed at night is get the coffee ready for the morning and put my phone on charge on the end table in the living room. I couldn't help noticing the subtle light thrown off by the phone and how it illuminates objects close by.
It reminds me of how a landscape is transformed by the moon at night.
The hardest part was deciding what to leave out because I saw a lot more than what is here.
I like the subtle light on the wall and how part of the lamp is illuminated.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Awesome Pat, well seen ! Striking and very original . Funny how some things trigger our desire to paint them :-)

mary maxam said...

It's barely there and the subtleties make it a unique painting and real challenge. nice job! p.s.- the coffee making and charging sound just like our own familiar routines!