Thursday, January 2, 2014

Winter Landscape, Core Creek Park

We had some snow in early December so one day after work I stopped off at the park to see what it looked like in a blanket of snow.  I had about a half an hour before sunset and hoped to catch the last bit of sunlight on the snow. I used my camera phone to capture some scenes before the sun disappeared.
Its almost a game with me sometimes to try to find a paintable scene in a limited amount of time. Sometimes (a lot of times) I come up empty but when you hit it right its rewarding.

Winter landscape Core Creek Park 8x10 oil painting

7 comments:

ashok said...

Happy New Year Pat

mary maxam said...

The creamy pale light here is very effective. Happy Painting and New Year Pat!

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Happy New Year Ashok and Mary.

Jane said...

A beautiful and quiet painting , love how you painted the sky. Wish you a Happy New Year.

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Happy New Year Jane.

Kev's Art said...

A super painting Pat. I love the light in this and the way you've rendered the trees. As you say, when you hit it right it's rewarding, you got this spot on!

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Thanks Kev, much appreciated.