Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Making the best of it.

Last week I had gone to the park at sunrise to paint a particular scene, a scene I had painted before at sunset but I was not happy with the results.



When I got there the clouds had started moving in towards the sun and I knew I wasn't going to have the light I wanted. At sunrise the group of trees to the left get a blast of sunlight creating a nice contrast with the trees in the background. That wasn't going to happen today so I grabbed my camera and started taking photos to the right of me looking into the sun.
What interested me was the reflection of the sun in the water.
About a minute later the sun was swallowed up by the clouds and there would be no more sun that morning.
The Daily Paintworks challenge this week is painting water so I used the photo to help create my entry.
Sunrise Reflections,   6 x 6 oil on canvas on panel.
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/challenge/the-water-challenge/452

No comments: