Thursday, March 31, 2011

Valley Forge Resident

Valley Forge Resident 12x12 oil

We go to Valley Forge National Park at sunrise to photograph the deer and other wildlife that lives there. They have a deer herd that has grown considerably (over 1200 deer) and now the park service is in the process of eliminating most of the deer which could take up to four years.

From November to March sharpshooters culled 600 deer during the nighttime hours, away from areas being used by public. I wonder if this guy made it.
I spend time at the park with three of my brothers. My brother Tom and I flyfish Valley Creek which runs thru the park, my brother Phil and I photograph at the park and my brother Chris and I paint at the park.

I think I'm going to go there this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by,
Pat

1 comment:

greggart said...

Nice work Pat....like the composition and subject matter. That sounds like a fantastic area...wildlife, history, art, fishing! I had no idea there were that many deer. I'm not a hunter but I know of plenty of people here in Idaho who would love to "help out" the deer population.