Saturday, November 26, 2011

Figurative Work Practice

In August Maria and I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame which is a half hour away from each other. While we were sitting outside the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame I spotted this mother and daughter sitting across the way, the mother talking away and the daughter texting. The mother seemed concerned with something out of our view, minutes later her husband showed up and they left.
I didn't want it to be obvious I was photographing them because I wanted natural poses, so I held the camera on my lap and looked the other way as I shot pictures hoping some of them would turn out.
The background was cluttered with a tent and other unnecessary objects so I switched a hedge for the clutter keeping the background simple and not detracting from the main focus.
I enjoy doing these figurative works as challenging as they are. Some are successful and some aren't.

I'm almost finished with a painting of  my wife Maria pruning the flowers in her planter. This painting of Maria  just seemed to flow off the brush, I had three quarters of it done the first night, which is unusual for me.

2 comments:

NomadHealer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat O'Driscoll said...

Thanks for the kind words Meghan,I'm hardly a great artist though, the list of artists blogs I follow are good artists, I try to learn a little from each one.