Saturday, August 4, 2012

Clouds at Sunset

Clouds at Sunset  8x10 acrylic on canvas panel

The night I came up here the spot I wanted to paint at had a full parking lot so I knew I was not going to have the solitude I needed at this time of evening when the light moves so quick and you need all your concentration on the scene in front of you.
This  spot was my second choice and when I saw the clouds in back of the trees I knew this was a good possibility.




This is the 12x16 panel I have divided into 4 sections. It makes it convenient that I only have one panel to carry which fits into slots in the back of my paintbox. The sketch on the right was done at the very end of the night as the sun was disappearing out of the sky and was used for the previous painting.




1 comment:

mary maxam said...

The clouds have excellent reflected color and I really feel the volume here. Wonderful, Pat