Sunday, February 23, 2014

A cure for cabin fever

We had a break in the weather with temps in the 50's today so it gave me a chance to get out and enjoy the outdoors. I had tried getting out a few times when it was in the teens a few weeks back but it was just too cold. I didn't even get the sketches halfway done and my fingers were numb.
Today was pleasant compared to that so I walked the trails at Neshaminy State Park and found a couple compositions to paint.


It was great to be out again.

6 comments:

Kev's Art said...

Nice pictures Pat, and d'you know, they actually convey an open feeling, as if the relief you felt found it's way onto the canvas! Looking forward to getting out myself when I'm fixed. Let's hope you can get out for more paintings as the year rolls on.

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Thanks Kev, good luck with the operation. Your last painting was great.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Okay Pat, I am envious - would have loved to be there with sun and snow.
Really impressed with how you captured your surrounding so artistically... especially the last one.

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Thanks for the kind words Julie.

mary maxam said...

Glad somebody is enjoying the outdoors without shoveling snow! These convey that fresh air feeling of blue sky and tree silhouettes one catches on a brisk walk. nice!

Jane said...

Very pure and 'simple' with no fuss, love the contemporain look of these two and admire your persistence in the adverse weather.